This article explains how to use the Advisor Portlet on SpartanWeb in order to Grant your advisees clearance for purposes of Add/Drop or Registration. The steps are as follows:
- Log into SpartanWeb
- Click on the Academics tab in the top row.
- In the Advisee Roster module, change the Advisee Status: drop-down list from All to Needs Registration Clearance.
- From the Term: drop-down list, select the current term if you are clearing a student for Add/Drop for the current term or select the upcoming term to clear a student for Registration for the next term as in the image below.
- Click on Search.
- A list of your advisees appears in the next window that opens as well as a Registration Clearance column.
- Click on the Grant button after the name for each advisee to grant them clearance. If the button reads Remove, you can click it to take away registration clearance.
Note:The Remove option is only available during the Registration period.
To see details for a particular advisee:
- Click the "i" icon to see student photo, UT email address and any other information the student has elected to share.
- Click on the student's name to access links to the student's Unofficial Transcript, Transfer Course Report, Schedule, and Degree Guide.
If you experience technical difficulties, you can seek help from:
- IT Help Desk ext 6293
- Academic Advising ext 5757