This tutorial will show you how to disable hardware graphics acceleration in Microsoft Office 2013.
Disabling hardware graphics acceleration will fix blurred font and cursor hanging issues in Microsoft Office 2013.
- First open any Office 2013 program, such as Word 2013. It'll open in new Start Screen mode. Click on the Blank document option.
- Now click on File in the ribbon.
- Then click on Options.
- This will open the Options window.
- Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down for following 2 options in the Display section:
- Disable hardware graphics acceleration
- Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen
By default, the first option is unchecked and second option is checked.
- First, enable the Disable hardware graphics acceleration option and click on OK button.
- Restart the program and it should fix the problem.
- If it doesn't fix your problem, try to disable the Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen option
- Click on OK and restart the program.
Changing these options in a one Office program also changes them in any other Office programs you are using.