This article will guide you through the steps necessary for downloading and installing Office 365 on your individually owned PC or MAC.
Once you have completed the initial set up your UT Web Mail account for Office 365, you can use these instructions to download and install the Office Suite onto up to 5 of your individuallly owned computer(s)*. These instructions were created on PC running Windows 7.
*Note: It is important that you do not install the Office 365 suite on your UT issued computer or tablet.
- After you click on the Install now link in the Notifications section, you will be taken to the Office 365 website where you will need to click on the Start link in the window that opens.
- Next, the following window opens letting you know that Office is setting up your account to allow you to download the office suite.
- Once the process is complete, the following window will open with an Install now button. Click on it.
- A download window will open, click on the Save File button and be sure to save the file to a place where you can easily access it. (The next few steps may be slightly different on your MAC OS.)
- Once the install file downloads, navigate to where you saved it and click on it.
- In the next window, click on the Run button to run the install file.
- Click Next in the bottom right-hand corner on the Office 365 install window that opens.
- Finally, click Agree in the bottom right-hand corner of the Licensing window that opens. You are done, now the Office suite will automatically install on your computer.
You can now install Office 365 on other computers by opening UT Web Mail on those devices and clicking on the Office 365 link in the Nav bar and clicking on the Install link under Install Office on more devices and following the directions.