This article contains instructions on completing a Mail Merge using Microsoft Word.
- Open the Ribbon in Word and select Mailings.
- Select the appropriate item. In this example, we will create a letter.
- Choose from where the mail merge data will come.
- Select the appropriate file and click Open.
- Select the desired workbook sheet and click OK.
- Now all the necessary data is stored for use in creating the document.
- The letter can now be created by adding in the necessary fields as you type.
- Once the letter is complete, use the Finish and Merge button to continue. Choosing Edit individual documents will provide a preview of all merged letters.
- Select All to merge all information into a new document that can be saved.
- For e-mails, choose the drop-down box to pick the merge field to which the e-mails will be sent, then add the subject line and click OK to distribute the e-mails.
- For labels, choose the brand and number and click OK.
- Once the Insert Merge Field has been selected, add the necessary information to the labels and choose Update Labels.
- Now the Finish and Merge section can be used to view and/or print the the finalized labels.
- The finished labels are shown below.
Mac instructions can be found on this page.