This tutorial will show you how to create a new Smart Folder in Outlook 2016.
A Smart Folder, also known as a saved search or a search folder, is a virtual folder that dynamically displays a set of search results. For example, you could create a search to find all the items in the Manager category that are flagged for follow up but not yet completed. This search can be saved as a Smart Folder so that you can use these search criteria later without having to manually recreate the advanced search.
- In the upper-right corner of the Outlook window, choose the Search box .
The Search tab appears.
- Define the scope of the search by selecting a scope button on the Search tab, such as All Mail or All Items.
- Use the buttons on the Search tab to define your search criteria.
- To make further refinements, choose Advanced and add, remove, or revise specific search criteria.
- Choose Save Search.
The Smart Folder appears in the navigation pane.
- Type a name for the Smart Folder.
- To edit the criteria used for a Smart Folder, hold down CONTROL, click the Smart Folder, and then click Edit. When you are done changing the criteria or scope of the search, on the Search tab, click Save.
- To delete a Smart Folder, hold down CONTROL , click the Smart Folder, and then Delete. Deleting a Smart Folder does not delete any of the items in the Smart Folder.