This tutorial will show you how to create a new Smart Folder in Outlook 2016.
A Smart Folder, also known as a saved search or a search folder, is a virtual folder that dynamically displays a set of search results. For example, you could create a search to find all the items in the Manager category that are flagged for follow up but not yet completed. This search can be saved as a Smart Folder so that you can use these search criteria later without having to manually recreate the advanced search.
- In the upper-right corner of the Outlook window, click in the Search box .
The Search tab appears.
- Define the scope of the search by clicking a scope button on the Search tab, such as All Mail or All Items.
- Use the buttons on the Search tab to define your search criteria.
- To make further refinements, click Advanced and add, remove, or revise specific search criteria.
- Click Save Search.
The Smart Folder appears in the navigation pane.
- Type a name for the Smart Folder.
- To edit the criteria used for a Smart Folder, hold down CONTROL , click the Smart Folder, and then click Edit. When you are done changing the criteria or scope of the search, on the Search tab, click Save.
- To delete a Smart Folder, hold down CONTROL , click the Smart Folder, and then click Delete. Deleting a Smart Folder does not delete any of the items in the Smart Folder.