This tutorial will explain how to create and use email templates in Microsoft Office Outlook.
If you find that you are sending the same email message numerous times, you may want to think about creating email templates to save yourself the time of re-writing the same message. This tutorial will explain how to create, save, and access your personal templates.
- Launch Outlook and select New Email on the Home tab to create a new message.
Hint: You can also use the keyboard short cut Ctrl+Shift+M to create a new message when you are in Outlook.
- Fill out the subject and the body of the email.
Note: If you have a signature created for outgoing email, you will want to delete it from the current email before saving it as a template or else you will have a double signature whenever you open the template.
- Click on the FILE tab to access the Backstage area.
- Press Save As.
- In the Save As dialogue box, in the Save as type list, select to save the message as Outlook Template(*.oft).
Note: Outlook will automatically save the file to the default Templates location.
- On the Home tab, click New Item. point to More Items, then Choose Form.
- In the Choose Form dialog box, in Look In, click User Templates in File System
- The default templates folder is opened.
(If your template is saved in a different folder, click Browse, then select the template.)
- Select the template, and then click Open.
- Add email recipients and modify any content information that you need.
- Click Send.
Note: Modifying the body of the message or its subject will not change the underlying template. To modify the template, follow steps outlined in Create an email template above.