This tutorial will explain how to change the player setting in a Mediasite Presentation.
Before you make your presentation available, it is important to set the player settings. These include playback options, general options, interactivity and presentation information, and player graphics.
On the Edit page, click Player to update the player used for the presentation as well as the features available in the player:
Player: To update the player used for the presentation, select a new one from the drop-down list. Use the search feature as needed to locate the player you are seeking.
- Playback Options:
- Maximum Connections: Enter a number if you would like your presentation to only be viewable to a certain number of concurrent viewers. The default value is for unlimited connections.
- Use Q & A Forum: Select this check box to allow audience members to ask questions during live and on-demand presentations using the Mediasite Player.
- Enable Presentation Sharing: Select this check box to allow users to share this presentation using the Player.
- Favor Smooth Streaming Playback When Available: Select this check box to have the Player choose smooth streaming first, instead of MP4 when playing back this presentation on-demand.
- Enable Post Presentation Survey: Select this check box to link to a third-party survey in your presentation. At the end of the presentation, your custom message will be displayed and your audience will be able to view and respond to the survey.
- Enable Polls: Select this check box to use polls in the presentation. Polls allow you to interact with your audience during a presentation and receive direct feedback. Select Use Mediasite Polls from the dropdown box if you want to create and manage polls through Mediasite. Select Link to External Polls and then enter a URL if you want to use a third-party survey system.
- General layout: Click the "Lock setting" button and clear this check box if you don't want to display the header banner across the top of the player.
Update presentation's Player settings (Playback control and general layout settings)
- Interactivity and Presentation Information: Click the "Lock setting" button and update the settings as needed:
- Presentation info: Clear this check box if you don't want to display the presentation's title, description, presenter, and length in the Player.
- Presentation publish date and time: Clear this check box if you don't want to display the presentation's date and time in the Player.
- Graphics: Click the "Lock setting" button and update the settings as needed:
- Player Graphics: Select the image you want to update from the drop-down list.
- URL: To link the image to a web address, enter a URL. When a user clicks on the banner image in the player, the specified web address will load in another browser window.
- Banner image: To update the image, click Select and locate the file with the image you want to use. The image must be the same size as the selected image
Update presentation's player settings (Interactivity and presentation information and graphics settings)