This tutorial will explain how to upload video file to Mediasite.
You can create a video-only on-demand presentation by uploading a media file.
If you want to create a presentation by uploading a video file, follow these steps:
- Log into you My Mediasite account.
- In the List view, navigate to the folder where you want to create a presentation and click Create Presentation. If you do not select a folder, the presentation will be created in your user folder. However, you can always update this later.
- Click Upload Media.
- Enter a name and description (optional) and update the folder as needed. To update the folder, select a new one from the drop-down list.
- Click Select Video and navigate to the location containing the media file you want and select it.
- Once the file is uploaded, you will see an indicator that the media file is being processed or queued for processing.
Presentation with status “media upload is being queued for processing”
- Once the media upload is processed, the presentation's status is updated. The presentation’s visibility is automatically set to “Private” which means it is can only be viewed by you. To update the presentation’s visibility settings, click Edit. Select Viewable in the Visibility drop-down list to allow others to view. Which users can view it will depend on the presentation’s security settings.
•Alternatively, you can go to an existing presentation's summary page and click Upload New Video or to a recorded presentation's summary page and click Upload New Video to start the process.
•You may have to refresh the browser window to see the presentation’s status update.
•Mediasite's Multi-Format Video Import (MFVI), which requires an additional license, allows you to upload a variety of media file formats. For a complete listing of the media file formats supported by MFVI, see KBA 3779 available on the Customer Assurance Portal at Sonic Foundry.