This tutorial will explain how to upload a desktop recording to Mediasite.
You can create a new presentation by uploading a Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR) recording. You must already have downloaded MDR and created recordings to use this feature. For more information on using MDR, see the Help included with it.
If you want to create a presentation by uploading an MDR recording, follow these steps:
- Log into your My Mediasite account.
- In the List view, navigate to the folder where you want to create a presentation and click Create Presentation. If you do not select a folder, the presentation will be created in your Private folder. However, you can always update this in the presentation's settings.
In the Calendar view (click Calendar), click the time slot you want to schedule the presentation in.
- Click Record Desktop.
- Enter a name and description (optional) and update the folder as needed. To update the folder, select a new one from the drop-down list.
- Click Launch Desktop Recorder. You will receive a confirmation message. Click OK.
Specify presentation details for desktop recording
- A new presentation is created. If MDR has already been installed on your desktop, it launches automatically. Otherwise you will be prompted to install it.
- In MDR, you may see a recording request confirmation message; if so, click Accept. Then click Upload Existing. This will take you to the Recording Management page.
MDR: Select “Upload Existing” option
- Click Upload next to the recording you want. For more information, see the MDR Help.
Presentation with status “desktop recording is being processed”
- Once the recording is uploaded to Mediasite and processed, the presentation's status is updated. The presentation’s visibility is automatically set to “Private” which means it is can only be viewed by you. To update the presentation’s visibility settings, click Edit. Select Viewable in the Visibility drop-down list to allow others to view it. Which users can view it will depend on the presentation’s security settings.
Presentation properties page for viewable presentation (uploaded MDR recording)
- An additional license is required to use MDR. You will not have access to the "Upload desktop recording" feature without this license.
- Alternatively, you can go to an existing presentation's summary page and click Record New Video to launch MDR and start the process.
- You may have to refresh the browser window to see the presentation’s status update.