This tutorial will explain how to use Mediasite Desktop Recorder to record your desktop.
You can record your desktop and upload the recording to Mediasite. However, you must install Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR) first. If MDR is not available on your machine, you will be prompted to download it. For more information on using MDR, see the Help included with it.
If you want to create a presentation by recording your desktop, follow these steps:
- Log into your My Mediasite acount.
- In the List view, navigate to the folder where you want to create a presentation and click Create Presentation. If you do not select a folder, the presentation will be created in your user folder. However, you can always update this later.
In the Calendar view (click Calendar), click the time slot you want to schedule the presentation in.
- Click Record Desktop.
- Enter a name and description (optional) and update the folder as needed. To update the folder, select a new one from the drop-down list.
- Click Launch Desktop Recorder. You may receive a confirmation message. Click OK.
Specify presentation details for desktop recording
- A new presentation is created. If MDR has already been installed on your desktop, it launches automatically. Otherwise you will be prompted to install it.
- In MDR, you will see a Recording request confirmation message, click Accept. Then click Record Now, and choose your recording options. For more information on the MDR recording options, see the MDR Help.
MDR: Select "Record Now" option
- The status of the presentation will be updated to indicate it is being recorded.
Presentation properties page for presentation currently being recorded
- Once the recording process is completed and the recording is uploaded to Mediasite and processed, the presentation's status is updated. The presentation's visibility is automatically set to "Private" which means it is can only be viewed by you. To update the presentation's visibility settings, click Edit. Select Viewable in the Visibility drop-down list to allow others to view. Which users can view it will depend on the presentation's security settings.
Presentation properties page for viewable presentation (desktop recording)
- An additional license is required to use MDR. You will not have access to the "Record desktop" feature without this license.
- Alternatively, you can go to an existing presentation's summary page and click Record New Video to launch MDR and start the recording process.
- You may have to refresh the browser window to see the presentation's status update.