This article explains how to create achievements in Blackboard
An achievement is an indicator or recognition of an accomplishment, skill, competency, or interest provided to students for accomplishing certain tasks. Achievements can be created to recognize course completion, to mark a milestone, or for a range of other accomplishments through creating a custom achievement.
To create an achievement
Go to course and select Course Tools under the Control Panel.
Under Course tools, select Achievements
3. Click on Achievements and select Create Achievement, then Click on the type of achievement that is to be created.
4. Next fill out the details of the achievement.
NOTE : Creating Achievements has 3 steps.
1) Fill out information about the Achievement,
2) Define the Triggers, and
3) Create the reward
To fill out information About the Achievement
- Give the achievement a Name in the create Achievement box
- Select a location for the achievement. The location is where in the content area the badge will be housed.
- Choose whether the achievement is visible to students before they get it, and select Define Triggers.
5. Define the Triggers
Create rules to determine when the achievement will be earned. There are options for setting visibility dates, making the achievement available only to certain groups or individuals, setting a grade/submission requirement for an assignment, or requiring the student to mark something as reviewed.
6. The next step is to create the Reward. Click Create Reward.
Here select (or upload) a certificate or badge image for the achievement. Be sure to select On next to Publish to Mozilla.
Once the selection is made, click Save and Exit.
Once created, the Achievement looks similar to the picture below:
Note : The Achievements can only be earned by the eligible students who are enrolled in the course. They can then publish the badge to the Mozilla Backpack if they wish to display the badge outside of the course.
When the student obtains an achievement, he or she can see it in the achievements section .
On the instructor's Achievements page, he or she can see how many students have obtained each badge. The instructor can also see who these students are by clicking Recipients (#) to the right of each relevant badge.