Exporting Open Badges (Achievements) to Mozilla Backpack
Open Badges, part of the achievements system in Blackboard, can be exported to Mozilla's Backpack platform, and from there can be organized and shared on websites, social media, portfolios, resumes, and more. This article explains how to export a badge from Blackboard into Mozilla Backpack.
To export an open badge:
1. Click on Achievements.
2. On the Achievements page, click Publish to Mozilla on the lower right hand side of the badge to be exported. Note: Badges that are somewhat transparent have not yet been earned. There are several views on this screen which can be changed using tabs at the top of the page.
3. A popup will appear prompting you to log in or sign up to your Mozilla Backpack account through Persona. Click Log In or Sign Up.
4. Enter your University of Tampa email when prompted to sign in. IMPORTANT: Your Mozilla Backpack account MUST use your University of Tampa email in order to export badges from Blackboard. If you do not have a Mozilla Backpack account, this will prompt you to create one.
5. Click Yes when the "Accept this badge?" prompt appears.
6. Click Thanks once the confirmation dialogue opens.