This tutorial will show you how to add buttons to your Blackboard Course Menu.
It is often helpful to add buttons to your Blackboard Course Menu to make navigation easier for students.
- Ensure that Edit Mode is On in the upper right corner.
- Click the Plus sign at the top left of the Course Menu.
- Select the type of button that you would like to add from the drop-down list by selecting it.
- Content Area - adds a general button under which course content can be added
- Module page - adds a button that links to a page for a new course module
- Create Blank Page - adds a button that links to a blank page (onto which HTML content can be placed)
- Tool Link - adds a button that will link to a specific course tool (e.g. Discussion board, grades, etc.)
- Web Link – adds a button that will link to an external website
- Course Link - adds a button that will link to another part of your course
- Create Subheader - adds a break on the menu just for separation
- Create Divider - adds a gray line to the course menu to delineate parts of the course menu
- Enter a Name for the button in the text box and choose Submit.
- Your newly created button will be inserted at the bottom of your button list.
(Note: You must Unhide the button for students to see it.)
- To unhide the button, click on the arrow on the right-hand side of the button and select Show Link from the drop-down list.
Select the link to learn how to Delete Buttons.