This article explains the Blackboard Rubric Type options.
When creating a rubric, you can edit the rubric grid so it corresponds to the type of feedback and scoring appropriate for the assignment. It is important to note that once a rubric is used for grading, you cannot edit it. You can copy the rubric to create a duplicate, which you can then edit.
Use the drop-down to select the Rubric Type. The options are as follows.
- No Points: Feedback only.
- Points: Single point value for each Level of Achievement.
- Point Range: Range of values for each Level of Achievement.
- Percent: Flexible depending on each assignment's possible points.
- Percent Range: Range of values for each Level of Achievement. During the grading process, you select the appropriate percentage level for a particular Level of Achievement and the system calculates the points earned by multiplying the weight x achievement percentage x item points.
If you want to create a rubric that you can use for multiple assignments with differing point values, a percent-based rubric is more flexible.