This article explains what CourseSites are and the steps to create an account and a course.
CourseSites by Blackboard, is a free online version of Blackboard (the Learning Management System utilized by the University) that allows users to upload and create courses at no cost. However, because it is free, there are a limited number of courses that can be created per user (5). CourseSites is set up exactly like Blackboard, which makes it a great tool to use for learning how to create courses in Blackboard.
1. To begin using CourseSites, a username and password needs to be created. Click here to go to the CourseSite homepage. Once on the home page, place cursor over Sign Up and select As Instructor.
2. A new instructor account page will open. Fill out the Spaces accordingly.
Before continuing on to the next step, fill out a response to the security code. Once the code is filled out select "Save and Continue" to move onto the next step.
3. When presented with the options for how to proceed, select Create New Course.
The new course will need a name, an ID, and a discription.
The name, ID, and description will be visible and should tell users what the course is about. Once finished, select Save and Continue to move on to the next page.
4. Invite Students
The last step in signing up and creating a course is inviting students. If this course is for Blackboard Training at The University of Tampa, select Customize Course to bypass this step.
At this point, the user may be directed to the Blackboard learn page and asked to set up a profile.
If this page appears, select "I'll do it later".
5. Before viewing the course, a quick setup guide will appear. It covers the following:
- Set up the course
- Choose a structure for the course
- Choose a theme for the course
Choose the default setting for numbers 2 and 3, and select "Apply Changes".
This is the Blackboard Learn home screen.
The newly created course will be located under "My Classes."