This article provides an overview of the My Edu social profile in Blackboard.
My Edu is a social networking tool inside Blackboard Learn that allows other Blackboard users to see your photo, view information of your choosing, and invite you to collaborate.
- To begin creating your social profile and MyEdu account click on your name (found in the top, right corner of your Blackboard window). This area is the Global Navigation menu.
- Once the Global Navigation menu opens, click on the silhouette.
- Read the terms of service (TOS), check the box indicating that you have read the TOS, then click Agree.
- Enter your primary e-mail adress and press Submit.
- Choose, I don't have a MyEdu Account.
- Enter your name. Next, use the drop-down arrows to enter whether you attend (students) or are employed by (faculty and staff) UT.
- Type a few letters to find The University of Tampa and choose it. Then submit your entries by clicking Done.
- Once your My Edu account is created, choose who can see you, through Privacy Settings. Once set, click Done.
- Choose View Your Profile to customize it.
- Choose Settings and Privacy.
- If you'd like to add an image, choose Change Picture.
- Choose Upload. Note the image criteria listed.
- Once the image is uploaded, you'll have the option to crop by moving the selection box around. When you are satisfied with the image, choose Save.
- Notice that your avatar does not yet appear in Global Navigation menu.
- Once you log off and log back on, your image will appear in the Global Navigation window as shown below.