This tutorial will explain how to begin creating a Fillable PDF form from and existing document using Adobe Pro XI. (Video of how create fillable forms in Acrobat Pro DC.)
- Open Adobe Pro XI
- Select Create Form.
- Select the From Existing Document radio button.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Existing Form window, click on the Browse . . . button to search for a document that you would like to convert into a form.
- Click on the Continue button after you have selected a document.
- A progress window will appear showing that your document is being converted.
- Upon completion a Form Editing window appears above the converted form. Click OK.
- At this point, you can make changes, such as delete, resize, or arrange the fields as needed
or add form fields to the form by selecting Add New Field on the Forms tab in Tools.
or the Add fields from the Menu Toolbar when Forms edit is selected.
Note: You can add any of the following types of form fields:
• Text Field
Lets the user type text, such as name, address, or phone number.
• Check Box
Presents yes-or-no choices for individual items. If the form contains multiple check boxes, the user can typically select as many or few of these as wanted.
• Radio Button
Presents a group of choices from which the user can select only one item. All radio buttons with the same name work together as a group.
• List Box
Displays a list of options the user can select. You can set a form field property that enables the user to Shift-click to select multiple items on the list.
Lets the user either choose an item from a pop-up menu or type a value. You can set a form field property that enables the user to enter a custom value.
Initiates a change on the user's computer, such as opening a file, playing a sound, or submitting data to a web server. These buttons can be customized with images, text, and visual changes triggered by mouse actions.
• Digital Signature
Lets the user electronically sign a PDF document with a digital signature.
Encodes the input from selected fields and display it as a visual pattern that can be interpreted by decoding software or hardware (available separately).
- When you are finished making changes, click Close Form Editing and Save the file.